Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Long Overdue update on my cousin

Back in February I told you about my cousin being in a horrible motorcycle accident. He was in a coma and it was very touch and go for a while. He has made such remarkable progress since then!! He went through in patient rehab and the out patient. He had the piece of his skull put back in and is getting stronger every day. In a few months he may even be able to get back to work.

It's a total miracle. How far he's come in such a short time. I was able to see his this past weekend and it was great. He and my uncle came up from Florida for the week. They drove because he's not yet cleared to fly with the amount of pressure there are in planes. He was just like the guy I knew before. Goofy and full of life. His scares are insane but he's not in any pain.

I was so happy I got to see him. It had been at least 2 years since I last saw him. He's matured so much in that time. I'm hoping to make a trip down to Florida in a few months to visit them again.

Here's a picture of us!

1 comment:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh my goodness this is such great news Carolyn!! I'm happy for him and his whole family.
I love good news.