Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Color Run Chaos (Pics)

I did my first and last color this weekend. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in how unorganized the event was. It put a damper on the whole event for me. The traffic to get there was so bad. It took over 2 hours for me to get there(when it should have only been a half hour) and we had to park over a mile away from the event. Once we actually got there, there was no one there to tell you where to go, where the start was, where to get bibs. Anything. We wandered forever just looking for the start.


We were supposed to start at 9, but because of the traffic and confusion, we didn't get on the course until after 10. I know this is considered a fun run and not for timing, but I was really surprised at how little people were running. Everyone was walking it seemed, and I saw dozens of people cutting across the grass. I don't understand, why would you sign up for a 5K only to cheat yourself?

The color stations were fun though. The very last station though had run out of color though, but I was already covered so it was fine. I wish I had more fun, but it was so chaotic it was hard for me to enjoy it. Not to mention I was starving! I only had a protein bar beforehand at like 7am and it was now almost 11 when we finished. I do a lot of races, almost all of them give you some kind of food for free. Whether it be fruit or a bagel. They give you something. Here if you wanted to eat, you had to pay.

So be warned. If you want to do a color run, be prepared for traffic and chaos. While the photos are fun and the color part was fun, it wasn't worth it for me. Especially considering the cost of the event. Also it took me another 2 hours to get home. Which compared to my friends was fast. I was happy I didn't park in the parking lot. I had friends who sat trying to leave the parking area for over 2 hours, and then had another 2 hours to get home after that!


Before the color run. All nice and clean


After

My crew for the day. They made the car ride a lot of fun and the traffic bearable. They are the best!




They gave us a packet of color to throw at the end in a big group. That didn't happen, so I just threw it on myself. lol.

1 comment:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

ooh that kind of disorganization makes me nuts. But I'm a bit anal retentive like that. :-)
Still looked like you had fun.