Monday, July 16, 2012

My Second Mud Run (aka I'm addicted!)

Last Saturday I did the Rugged Maniac 5K in NJ. It was a blast!!!! I love these races. It really pushes you to your limits but it also makes you feel like a kid again! Even though your covering a lot of miles you don't really feel it because of the obstacles.


I am officially hooked!

This run was a whole lot dirtier than the last one. I was crawling though the mud, going down a huge slide into muddy water, and climbing countless walls. I finished in 50 minutes. Not too bad for a 5K. If I would have ran it on my own I would have come in a lot faster. But I ran with my gym buddies so I made sure to stay with them. That's what these races are all about. Team work. It's not about the time, it's about helping each other out. And conquering things you never though you could do.

There was a tunnel with a rope that I had to climb up. Looking at it, I thought I would have to skip it. I didn't think I had the upper body strength to pull myself up like that. But my friend was right there cheering me on. I couldn't believe that I was able to do it and that it was so easy! It's insane sometimes. How different I am now.

Even though my eating hasn't been great and I'm up a couple of pounds in weight, I was still able to rock this mud run. I know I will never be the person I used to be. That I will never let myself get off track. Sure there will be detours but nothing I can't easily bounce back from.

My next mud run will be in September. This one is 8 miles!! EEK!!! It's going to be tough, and the distance scares me, but I know I will be able to conquer it with my friends.

Here is a picture of some of us after the race, enjoying our free beer. I'm the one all the way on the left, with no shoes on. lol

No comments: