Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Update on my baking!

So the baking has been going good so far! I've been taking it slowly. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself. Step by step I'm taking this thing. People seem to be really responding to my goodies though! Everyone's who have tried it so far has really really enjoyed them!

A friend of mine went and bought some and posted a picture on facebook. And a friend of hers really wants to try them out, so I've contacted her and told her I can make her a batch just for herself! Hopefully that'll work out. This gluten free/vegan thing is a great thing for me to hitch onto. A lot of people are being more health conscious but they still want to enjoy treats as well.


Here are pictures of what I've made so far.


Above are the Sunflower Honey Oat Bars


And these are the Vegan Chocolate Truffles. I could not tell the difference between these and regular truffles. They are so yummy!

Also in less than 2 weeks I'll be taking a tour of the culinary school near here to find out more information. I'm finding it really hard to be going against the grain right now though. So many people are so supportive of me, but there are just as many who are afraid for me. They are all about me going after another desk job that'll pay me tons of money. They just don't understand that I want to do something that will make me happy. I don't care about the money right now. I just want to make a living at something I can be proud of.

1 comment:

erin - heart in ireland said...

Congrats!! Glad to hear it is going well so far!

Have you visited the culinary school yet?

Sending lots of positive thoughts!