Tuesday, April 6, 2010

In your Easter Bonnet...

On Sunday was Easter and it could have not been a more perfect day. For the first time we ever ate outside in the 20 or so years my Aunt has hosted Easter. The weather was that nice.

I don't know what it is but I feel like whenever you eat dinner, or gather with family and friends, in an outdoor setting it always seems more fun or magical then if you were indoors. Maybe that's just me, but I love me some outdoor socializing.

Anyway the day was so much fun. We ate ourselves silly. My grandma made homemade pasta and ravioli and this may have been the last time she ever makes them. She has pretty bad arthritis in her hands and it killed her to make this. It's just too much to ask of her to do it again.

I really want to try and do it myself. Carry on the tradition. I've made them once before and it was okay. Nothing like hers but with practice maybe I can get close. Maybe next Easter it'll be my cooking that everyone raves about!

Are there any holiday traditions that you and your family have?

No comments: