Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Vacation

In less than 2 weeks I'm going on vacation!!! While I couldn't be more excited to have a week of relaxing in the sun, I'm a little nervous.

I'm taking my two 16 year old cousins with me. At the time I thought it was a good idea. My cousins rarely ever get to go away on vacation or do anything really fun. So I like to try and give them some fun and entertainment. Also none of my friends could get away that week, so instead of vacationing by myself, I now have company.

But now I'm worried that I am not responsible enough to care for two teenagers for a week. Or be able to keep them occupied for the whole week, and not want to kill them. Also what if something bad happens?

I tend to get nervous about certain situations and this is one of them. I think of every bad thing that can possibly happen and then freak over it. What if the plane is delayed and we miss the connection? What if I crash the rental car? What if my cousins have a terrible time?

I know that no matter what happens, everything will work itself out, but I can't help worrying. Once I get there, I'll be fine. It's this build up that drives me crazy. Plus my mother isn't very helpful. She is constantly saying passive aggressive comments to me about this trip. Which is causing my to second guess myself.

I just need to keep focusing on the vacation itself and having a week away from everything. Being in the sun, on the beach, by the pool, in the lazy river they have on the resort. Eating out, going shopping, maybe a trip to Orlando.

Thinking of that, makes me smile and I know that this trip will be great.

1 comment:

Karen said...

You'll be fine. It will be great to have your cousins with you. I am a little jealous.