Monday, November 29, 2010

Lots of Shopping and one really big purchase!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great long weekend!!!

I am feeling a lot better!!! My ultrasound came back negative so I have no idea why I was having so much pain. My stomach felt tender and like it was bruised for days. Whatever it was, I just hope it doesn't happen again. That sucked.

My Thanksgiving was great. Lots of food and spending time with my family is always great. The only downside was my grandmother watching EVERYTHING I ate and kept on making snide comments to me. So much fun being told what you should eat when you are 26 years old. For the first time though, I actually stood up for myself and told her to STOP. That I know what I am doing and what I can and can't eat. That shut her up and the rest of the day was really pleasant.

I was a crazy person and went shopping on Friday. I also did lots of online shopping too. I am happy to report that I am officially done with my Christmas shopping!!! Now I can sit back and enjoy the holidays!

On Sunday, my mom and I went to a furniture store that was having a big sale. My furniture is from when I was around 12 years old and is seriously outdated. Plus it's falling apart. My room never really felt like my room, because the furniture isn't me. Neither was the color on my walls. We found an amazing 6 piece set on sale for less than $2,000. It is a great brand and honestly we couldn't pass up on the price. Individually one piece cost $1200. Why wouldn't I spend $800 more and get an entire bedroom.

It's gorgeous and totally my style. I am so excited for it to be delivered. Plus I'm having my room painted this week, so by this weekend my room will totally be transformed. I am going to take before and after photos so you can see!! I've never bought furniture before. I felt like a big girl going out and making a big purchase like this.

2 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Can't wait to see it! Did you get new window treatments and bedspread and all that stuff too?
Can't wait to see the pictures.

erin - heart in ireland said...

YAY!

I've done the same thing (ok just a bed) because i like my dressers. I can't wait to get my bed next week, and i also bought a new duvet today too!

And glad you're feeling better!