Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Riding an elephant

Here are some more pictures from my trip to India. I got to ride an elephant while I was there and it was so much fun!!! Exhilarating and fun!!

Me on the elephant (freaking out right now that I'm going to fall)
Taking a ride around the block!


The elephant kneels down and you have to climb up the backside.
First you step on the back leg, then you climb onto the tail and then you have to climb up the butt to the top. It was scary to climb on it.

All dressed up for us.

My second ride. A lot less scary this time.

Me and my new friend.

This is Qutub Minar in New Delhi. One of the coolest things I saw while there!

Look at all the detailing on the minar.

It was really high

This is the Iron Pillar. It was built around 4 AD and has NEVER rusted. Isn't that amazing?

A shot of the Iron Pillar and Minar together.

One of my last nights in India. With my niece!

1 comment:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

WOW much braver than me.

And how darn cute is that baby?!!