Thursday, February 17, 2011

Spring Cleaning

It's been getting warmer here in NJ and it has caused me to want to do a little spring cleaning with my clothes.

One I have way too many clothes
Two I don't wear half of them anymore
Three A lot of them are now too big!!! (YAY!)

However, with the clothes that are too big, I still keep on wearing them. I have some serious body dysmorphia going on and I'm afraid to buy smaller clothes. I'm afraid they won't fit (although they do), but mostly I'm afraid that I'll look like crap wearing them. I zero in on my problem areas and that's all I can see when I try on clothes that actually fit me. I do know that baggy clothes = me looking terrible and bigger than I actually am. But they are like my comfort blanket. I can't seem to let it go.

I know it's time. Even though I'm not at my goal weight yet, I'm not going to continue wearing seriously baggy stuff until I loose another 50 pounds. That's just crazy. I need to spend some money on a few key pieces to hold me over until I'm down another size. Which means I'll be shopping only sale items for the time being. I just got a bunch of stuff from Torrid that were really cheap. They are having a big clearance sale and I scored some awesome pants and tops for all under 10 bucks each!! whoo hoo!!

So this weekend looks to be the perfect opportunity to clean my room and get rid of a lot of stuff!!! I get in these moods to just clean out and this is definitely one of them. I'll try and give my mom some of my clothes and then the rest are off to the clothing donation boxes near me.

Do you like spring cleaning?

2 comments:

Karen said...

Do you like Torrid? My sister buys a lot of stuff from there, but there clothes don't really seem to be my style. I am sure if I gave them a chance I'd find stuff there, but it all seems too young for me.

Regardless, I wear clothes that are too big also. Mostly jeans and pants, but they make me look much larger than I am.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I gained weight due to an illness and there was nothing that I could do to make it go away. It made me so depressed that I didn't want to go out. Finally as my health is getting better I snapped out of it. I have lost weight and still not at my fighting weight but now I have clothes too big and too small. "just right" seem to be not in my closest I do find if I wear the big and baggy to hide myself I make myself look bigger. If I wear the proper size and have things taken in and/or tailored I look thinner. Who knew?

so that is my tidbit of help to you if you would like it.
I just wish they made nice clothes for anyone over a size 10. Honestly I don't want to wear a tent. I want the same clothes only bigger in size. how hard is that? Lane Bryant is okay but poor quality. Anyone over a size 10 is forgotten.