Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Making Resolutions (for the first time)

Happy New Year!

I'm officially back to blogging regularly. My week off was so nice! I got to catch up with a lot of people. Lots of lunches out. Highlight of my week was going to see Jersey Boys on Broadway! It was my Christmas gift for my mom. She's been dying to see it for years. I got amazing seats too. The show was awesome!! I found out a lot about the Four Seasons that I never knew either.

I don't usually make resolutions. I believe if your going to make a change, do it NOW and don't wait. However I am making some this year. One in particular had to start on the 1st.

I am aiming to run 1000 miles this year! About 20 miles a week! EEK! About 30 of us from my gym are aiming to do it. It will be so awesome at the end of the year to say that I ran 1000 miles. I'm about 7 miles in, only 993 to go. lol

Also I plan on hitting my goal weight this year. I hit a plateau that last few months, but I'm back on track and I want to hit my goal by the summer hopefully. Only 25 pounds to go!

Finally I need to get back on track with saving. The last few months I've spent way to much and dipped into my savings account, which I rarely allow myself to do! UGH. My goal, is to save $10,000 this year. About $800 a month. Thankfully I live at home so I don't have to pay rent. I'll use that to save save save!

I have a feeling 2012 is going to be great. I already have so much to look forward too. My trip to Italy in a couple of months! Running my first half marathon in May. My good friend getting married in June! It's going to be great!

How's your 2012 shaping up? Any goals you are working toward?

2 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

could you put me in your luggage i would die to go to Italy!!!
Ah, the food and vino! Mmmmmm

erin - heart in ireland said...

woooo! i love your goal of 1000 miles! good luck!

i need to write my goal post - i've just been lazy and haven't felt like putting it into words.