Monday, April 23, 2012

A really awesome weekend (with some pictures)

For months I've been freaking out over the fact that I could not fit into my bridesmaid dress. I had ordered a size smaller, thinking I would be able to fit into in no time, and would probably need it to be altered. Then my weight loss all but stopped and the wedding kept on inching closer and closer. Two weeks ago I had tried putting on my dress. It fit better than last time but still would not zip up all the way. I had a big gap at the top.

I started to really freak out and wonder if I should just cave and get the dress in the bigger size. I put my head down and really crunched down. I lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks! On Friday I held my breath as I put the dress back on. And it freaking zipped!!!!! granted it's still very tight but at least that thing zips up all the way!!! You have no idea how relieved I am. I just need to lose a few more pounds and this baby will be perfect. The wedding is 2 months from today!! Now I can get really excited and happy about it knowing the dress fits.

Since the dress fit, it gave me the courage to try on my size 10 jeans that I bought a while back. And those fit too!!! Yay no longer a size 12!!!!

Also on Saturday was my gym party where they announced the winner of the team challenge!! I am happy to say my team WON!!! Yippee!!! All that hard work and effort paid off! The score was so freaking close. We just barely won, but a win is a win!! We got our names on a plaque and mine was up top for being a captain! The party itself was a lot of fun. I drank way too much and ate way too much. lol. But it was worth it and so much fun.


For winning I got a bucket filled with goodies. including that giant whistle! I love it.


Here I am in my size 10 jeans!! I felt awesome that night.

On Sunday I went shopping with some friends from work. I spent a whole lot of money on new smaller clothes! It was awesome!

2 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Congratulations on the size 10's!!

At first I thought that whistle was cheese. :-)

erin - heart in ireland said...

congrats on your team winning the contest!

and on the size 10 jeans! that is an awesome accomplishment!