Wednesday, October 31, 2012

F you Sandy

Hurricane Irene has nothing on what Hurricane Sandy did to NJ in the past few days. I am in utter shock at the devastation in my town. The entire county is without power and I know many many people who's homes have been completely washed away into the ocean.

On facebook there is just picture after picture of my town and the effects of the storm. We have no power but are lucky enough to have gas so we are still able to shower and cook food on the stove. They say it'll be up to a week before we get power. But I count myself very very lucky that only our power is out right now.

I'm back to work today. My office somehow still has power even though most of the town does not. But it's good to get out of the house. However it's hard to get gas so unless I can find somewhere to pump soon I'll be stuck at home again.

Two towns right next to me are destroyed. Beachclubs and roller coasters on the boardwalk washed into the sea. It's totally insane. I could never imagine it would be this bad. I feel helpless as well. I wish there was something I can do to help my friends. Hopefully in a few days we'll start to get power back and will start to rebuild near me.

1 comment:

erin - heart in ireland said...

so many hugs and thoughts to you and your hometown. i see the photos of the shore and my heart just breaks for my state. what this hurricane did just i would never imagine in jersey.

hope you get power back soon - my parents got it back this afternoon but seeing facebook from everyone at home most are still without.

let me know if you need anything

lots of jersey love!