Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I am a Tough mudder! Pics

This past weekend I did a Tough Mudder. A 12 mile obstacle course here in NJ. It's one of the best mud events out there. Also something that I truly never thought I could do. About 2 years ago I remember watching friends complete this and thinking to myself I could NEVER. Really. I was still so very overweight and couldn't imagine running 12 miles, let alone doing the obstacle that there were doing.

Yet this past weekend, there I was, doing my very own tough mudder! It was so surreal the whole time I was doing it. I kept thinking to myself how impossible I used to think this would be. Yet there I was, with four friend, totally rocking it. We finished in about 3 and a half hours! Unlike the Spartan Race I did a few weeks ago, this was so much FUN!!! It was hard and I am very bruised, but the whole time we were just laughing and having a great time.

This is such a wonderful event because everyone is helping you. Not just your friends, but strangers helping you up hills and facing your fears. There was a part where I totally freaked out. The part were you have to run through electric wires. I was standing there freaking out. A girl came up to me, grabbed my hand, and we ran through it together. And then shared a giant hug afterwards. I didn't know who she was and yet she was there for me. That's what these events are all about. Teamwork.

There are signs posted everywhere about how tough you are and how this isn't a race but a challenge. And that is exactly what it is. It's not even timed officially. It's all about completing it to the best of your ability. I will absolutely do this race again next year! It was a blast and I only hope to do that much better next year.



Here is my team and I about to start. We are so nice and clean!




Not so muddy yet!


Lots and lots of mud!!! But still smiling! Oh and if you notice I'm bleeding down my leg. lol. It didn't hurt though! Promise


Finishers!!!!!!


Love my gym family. We killed it!


1 comment:

erin - heart in ireland said...

that is so intense!!!

and yay for it being fun!

i don't think i would like it very much - too dirty! haha