Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Final: Best of 2009

This is the last of the best of 2009 for me. There was some others listed but none that I really had an answer for. I hope you enjoyed this and if you do it tell me! I would love to read it!

Tea of the year.

My favorite tea is English breakfast. I discovered it a few years ago and now it’s all I drink. I love it!

Word or phrase. A word that encapsulates your year. “2009 was _____.”

Better. Since I could only use one word its better. If I could expand on that it would be better than 2008. Nothing earth shattering really happened to me and that was okay with me. If I remember correctly 2008 was a pretty sucky year. I vaguely remember thinking to myself that I just hope 2009 was a better year. No real resolutions, just better. And it was. I was defiantly happier and in less of a funk. As 2010 gets closer I’m really starting to feel and think that big changes are going to happen for me. Not because the year is changing, but because I’m ready to make them happen.

Shop. Online or offline, where did you spend most of your mad money this year?

Ulta. I spend a god awful amount of money in that store. I go almost every weekend, it’s a sickness. I even tried to clean out some of my makeup and I just couldn’t part with it. I gave away like 5 eye shadows. Out of the hundred I must own. I need to stop. Is there a 12 step program?

Car ride. What did you see? How did it smell? Did you eat anything as you drove there? Who were you with?

When I went down to Virginia for my brother’s engagement party. It was interesting. It was my mom, brother, grandma and me in one car. My aunt and her kids following. My grandma asked every 20 minutes where we were at that moment. Also we made like 5 bathroom stops in a four hour drive! 2 on the NJ turnpike alone. It was a lonnggg car ride and one I’m not really looking forward to doing again this weekend. Only this time it’s just me and my mom. My brother is going down with his friends and my uncle is picking up my grandma! It will be a lot better. Hopefully.

Learning experience. What was a lesson you learned this year that changed you?

I learned that things don’t just happen. I have to make them happen. I keep on waiting for things in my life to change, but then I realized that I don’t live in a movie. I need to get off my ass and start making the change myself.

Insight or aha! moment. What was your epiphany of the year?

See above answer.

1 comment:

erin - heart in ireland said...

nice, this has been a lot of fun to do and to see everyone's responses.