Thursday, January 21, 2010

Apartment Hunting

I was finally able to get in touch with apartment girl. She apparently never checks her e-mail during the week. That’s already a strike! Just kidding. But really I can’t imagine that. I have to check my e-mail every day. I NEED my internet.

Anyway it’s all set up for me to go see the place this Saturday!! I am trying not to get my hopes up or anything. I’m actually really nervous though. About seeing the place yes, but more so on the fact that I might actually be moving out! I have so many what ifs and I haven’t even seen the place yet.

I think it’s because of my traditional Italian family. Pretty much you grow up thinking that you don’t move out UNTIL you get married. The fact that I want to move out now, is like sacrilegious. There is one other person in my family to have EVER moved out before she got married. Just one. My mom’s sister back in the 80s.

I mean I haven’t even told my mom yet that I’ve been looking at apartments! She knows I want to move out, but she’s pretty against it. So, of course, I feel guilty because every time I try to bring it up she asks why I want to abandon her. lol. Classic family guilt.

Like I said though, I’m not going to think about any of this until I see the place and decide to really move.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Good luck.

Part of me thinks that if mom doesn't give you a hard time, staying with her isn't the worst thing in the world. There are financial perks and you have each other for company.

I know the desire to get out on your own and I do have my own house. But I tell my sister who lives with me that she is stupid if she moves out before getting married or until she is ready to by a place.

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!

I get along a lot better with my parents now that we don't all live in the same house but it is a hard transition. Looking at apartments is just the first step and you might decide now isn't the time but at least you're taking action.

Unknown said...

Excellent article if you have time check my blog out about Turnkey scripts as well