Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Recaps

I was going to do all these posts about my break, but I’m just too lazy. lol. Anyway I decided to just do some recaps and then get back to normal blogging!

Christmas

Was really nice. More low key than usual. My cousin who has hosted it for the past 20 years, decided to cancel at the last minute. My aunt stepped it and had it at her house. Two of my cousins and their family couldn’t make it, so it was just us, my aunt’s family, and my uncle and his son. I liked it better because it was casual and just us enjoying each other’s company. My cousin who usually hosts it is crazy and you always feel a little on edge when you are at her house. I also got a beautiful book case for Christmas. I’ve been wanting one forever. All my books were all over my room and it was getting to be a mess. Now I have a place to store them all and to put a lot of pictures up that I have been meaning to get around too.

My break from work

Much needed and wonderful. I did a whole lot of nothing. I felt recharged when I went back to work. It was hard adjusting to getting up early in the morning though. I wish it could have been a little longer.

New Years

I always have put pressure on this holiday. In the past I have always wanted to have an amazing New Years. You hear people talk about it all the time, and here I was just sitting at home watching the ball drop. Finally I realized that a lot of people put ridiculous expectations on this holiday. For what? This year I vowed to just go with the flow and not put any pressure on myself. And you know what? I had great night! A friend of mine had a Black and White party at her house. It was just a small, fun group of people celebrating. My mom was awesome and was my DD for the night so I had nothing to worry about. It was a fun night and I’m so happy that I let myself off the hook and just enjoyed the night.



How were your holidays?

No comments: