Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I want to be a foodie

One of my favorite channels is the Food Network. I LOVE watching cooking shows and all the other programs they have. Unwrapped, Best Thing I Ever Ate, and Diners drive-ins and dives are my favorites.

I like to pretend I’m a foodie while watching these shows. I tell myself that I’m going to download these recipes and try them out myself. In my head I’m this amazing cook that can whip up these things no sweat.

The problem?

I’m a horribly picky eater. Seriously. If you ever saw what’s on my plate you’d think I was five years old.

I hate that I’m so picky. I want to break myself of this horrible habit, but I don’t really know how. I want to be able to make these amazing dishes that I see, but when I see an ingredient that I don’t like I stop myself.

Also because of this, I eat crap food. I want to eat healthier so I get my body in better shape, inside and out. I was thinking about maybe going to see a nutritionist but I feel like that’s a waste of money. However I basically need to re-teach myself how I perceive and eat food.

Have you ever had a bad eating habit? How did you break it or how do you incorporate more vegetables and fruits into your diet?

1 comment:

Karen said...

I eat pretty much everything. I always have. We weren't catered to as kids. My nephew gets chicken nuggets and grilled cheese and pasta with butter if he gets fussy about what the family is eating. Uh, no. We ate what the family ate and we HAD to try everything.

I eat fruit and veggies everyday. I always have a bag of salad in the fridge for a quick snack or with dinner. I eat spinach or baby carrots with dinner when I eat at home. I have oranges and grapes pretty much everyday.