Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Eff you Blizzard!!!

So my week has been pretty awful so far. We got a ton of snow on Sunday and at first it was great. Nice to be snuggled up on the couch watching the snow fall.

But then, it didn't stop! It seemed so much worse than that horrible blizzard that happened last year in December, when my brother's wedding got all messed up. Thankfully my office was closed on Monday, so I didn't have to worry about going in.

However Tuesday came and my street still wasn't plowed. I had no idea where my lawn ended and the street even began. I felt like I was in the movie, The Day after Tomorrow. lol. And with my luck, of course my office was back in business and open. I was freaking out because there was no way I would be able to get in and I didn't have any days left to take off! Plus being stuck in your house for 3 days straight can make a person go crazy.

There was nothing on TV, so I read and read. I finished 2 and a half books while being snowed in. And spent a lot of time online, reading gossip pages and blogs. I just can't believe that my street wasn't plowed! I mean it's totally insane that it took them so long to get to me. My street was finally plowed at 3:30am this morning!!!! I mean what if there was an emergency and I needed to get out??? With my anxiety I was really starting to get worries last night.

When I saw my street was plowed this morning I almost cried. lol. My mom convinced the people who plow our driveway to come asap and I was able to get to work only a few minutes late!!!

What drives me crazy, is driving to work was fine. Not a speck of snow on the roads. So how if the main roads are fine, it took 3 days for people to plow my street??? I think because I live on a dead end, I'm usually the last to get plowed out. Also I know with all the budget cuts that they didn't have as much as they would to move faster. So eff you township for taking so long and eff you blizzard!

Did you get hit with snow? How did you make out??

I'm just happy it's Wednesday and I'm off for New Years on Friday. Hopefully things will get better. Plus, I was able to work something out with my boss about missing yesterday! Whoo hoo for awesome bosses!!!

4 comments:

erin - heart in ireland said...

Wow! I can't believe you weren't plowed for that long!
I some friends who had the same thing happen.

I also did a ton of reading in the snow too!

comedyrocks.com said...

I love reading your blog - thank you for the frequent updates!
Wishing you the best of heath and happiness in 2011.

Karen said...

We had about 30 inches. I happen to have the head of county emergency management living on my block, so we get plowed first. Though all the other streets in my neighborhood are not plowed right away.

I went stir crazy for a while too. I am on my way to AC tonight. :-)

Raquel's World said...

8 inches here in the NC