Monday, April 18, 2011

There's no place like home

My stay in the hotel over the weekend kinda sucked. It wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be, but I still couldn't wait until I could go back home.

My mom snores. Loudly. Sharing a room with her was horrible. It is very hard for me to go to sleep, especially when I'm in a foreign place, so having my mom snore like Darth Vadar didn't help me. I was there 3 nights total, and I probably got 8 hours sleep for all three nights. AKA I am exhausted today. lol

The first night we were there, the person staying in the room next door was SCREAMING on the phone at midnight. It literally sounded like he was in the room with us. Eventually I had to go to the front desk to complain. I hate making complaints like, I usually just suffer through it, but I just couldn't deal with that obnoxiousness. Thankfully as soon as they called his room up, the noise stopped!!

I did manage to control my eating and I actually managed to lose a few pounds this week, so that was a major plus!!

My dogs were a wreck the whole weekend. They barely ate their food and would not poop. (Sorry TMI). They were so nervous one peed on the bed. Twice. Having the change those sheets was fun. lol. I felt terrible for them. Especially since I couldn't really take them out for a walk in the rain. They were stuck in the room.

Since I was cooped up in a hotel, I felt like I had to find things to do to keep me occupied. It was POURING rain out, which usually means I'm home watching tv in my PJs, but being in a hotel was different. I was going stir crazy. I hung out at my friend's house for a little, went to the gym, and saw Scream 4. I liked Scream 4, but it wasn't nearly as good as the very first scream. Plus I figured out who the killer was pretty quickly. I also ended up going out that night and was a wet dog inside the bar. lol. That rain was terrible.

Sunday bright and early we were able to go home. The floors look great, but having to move everything back was a bitch. After everything was settled in, I was finally able to sit back and relax. I felt like I hadn't been able to really relax since Thursday so it was nice to unwind. I am exhausted today and cannot wait to get home and go to sleep early.

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sorry for you. I hate being tired! And all that packing and unpacking sound annoying!

I actually LOVE hotels so I would probably be happy in your place. Though I might get my own room instead of sharing with a snorer.

This weekend my sister and I went to the new Sands in PA and had a blast.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I'm sorry it sucked. But isn't it great to be home? I so enjoy traveling but nothing better than going home. Especially since your life was off kilter and the poor dogs!!

Glad the floors look great!