Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tired of Driving

This past weekend was good, but there was just so much travelling that I feel exhausted.

I went down on Friday to see my friends in Maryland. Which should have take at most 2 and a half hours, took me FIVE. Ugh. The entire state of Delaware I sat in traffic. If you know me in real life, you would know how much I hate traffic. I actually get anxiety when I hit it. Thankfully I was able to not FREAK out while I was in it, but I was still pretty upset. As soon as I arrived at my friends house, all those bad feeling went away and I was able to enjoy myself.

We all went out to dinner and caught up on each other's lives. It was a really fun night out. Then my friend who's house I was staying at stayed up til pretty late just chatting. It made me realize how much I miss hanging out with them! I hate that I live so far away!

Saturday was my friend's baby shower. It was really cute and fun. She got so many presents I have NO idea how she's going to get them back to her house! I left shortly after the shower ended. The house where it was located, was close to Delaware so it made sense for me to go home right from there, instead of travelling back down again. What would have normally taken 2 hours, took me about 3 hours to get home. Not as bad as Friday, but still pretty sucky.

Also I stopped at a rest stop in NJ to go to the bathroom. When I stepped inside the line for the women's bathroom wrapped all the way around the rest area to the front door!! I couldn't believe it! I said forget this and just held my pee in. Which was pretty painful. lol. but there was no way I was waiting a good hour there.

I guess I didn't realize that Easter would be such a big traveling weekend. I figured since it's a religious holiday most people would stay in. I guess not. Probably since a lot of people were on spring break as well.

Sunday I headed to North Jersey to see my cousins. I had not seen a lot of them since Christmas so it was nice!! Also a lot of them noticed my weight loss! It felt really nice to have my efforts finally recognized and complimented. Although I felt a little awkward when some of them kept on going on and on about it.

I ate so much food on Sunday. I wanted to bust!! There was appetizers, homemade pasta, turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, veggies, and dessert. I get full just thinking about it! It was so yummy though and it was great spending the day with my family. We didn't get home until like 10pm. I was exhausted at work the next day.

I was barely home all weekend, and I am so looking forward to relaxing this coming weekend!!

How was your weekend?

3 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

not near as fun or exhausting as yours! What was going on in Delaware I wonder. I never hit traffic up there when heading to NY. Hmmmm.....
glad you made it home safe.

Karen said...

My weekend was fun. Friday we went to Sands again and to bday party. Saturday I laid low and baked desserts for Sunday. Sunday was Easter with the family at Gram's house and then hanging out at the bar with some friends.

Rest up this week!

Rachel said...

I also get major anxiety in traffic. I find it immensely frustrating. And here in DC there is never NOT traffic.