Monday, December 5, 2011

I really love my new Mixer! (Pictures)

I am so so happy I bought my KitchenAid Mixer! I was a cooking machine this weekend! For my first use of the mixer I wanted to try something really challenging. So I attempted to make a Cheese Souffle. I know they are hard and if they don't rise that basically means you failed. lol. I was actually surprised at how easy it was to make the souffle. Using the mixer to beat the egg whites helped immensely. Final result?

Success!!! My souffle rose and it was delicious!

Here is a picture of the final product.



Sorry it's so dark. But look how high it got!

On Sunday I was bored so I decided to try something else. I made biscotti. I'm not really a fan of biscotti (which is like a sin when your Italian), but my mom has been begging me to make it for a while now. This was pretty labor intensive and took a long time to make! I wasn't sure what I was doing the whole time either. I felt lost. However the final product looks great and my mom loved them! Yay! I didn't think to take a picture though. I am planning on making chocolate biscotti soon and I will make sure to take a picture then!

This weekend I heard that Santa would be at Petsmart and the money would be donated to charity. I just had to take my dogs. The Santa was really creepy looking, but I still love this picture! My dogs were terrified of Santa!

Here they are



I initially had no plans this weekend, but it ended up being jam packed and a lot of fun. I love weekends like this when I just went with whatever I felt like doing. It was really nice and I was still able to relax.

2 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

SOS - SEND BISCOTTI STAT!!

I love Anise Biscotti best. Mmmmmmm.
I have only made it once because it is labor intensive. To me those and pizzelles are the best cookies. I know I know that's weird. I would eat those over CChip any day!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

btw - your souffle looks wonderful. I have never attempted that. Just in time for the holidays.