Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to Reality

Wow, work really piles up when you’re not at your job for over a week. From the moment I walked in today I have been nonstop busy. It took me an hour to just clear off everything that has been piled on my desk. Another 2 hours to just go through my e-mails. I haven’t even made a dent in the work that I really need to start doing.

It was worth it.

These last 12 days of not having to worry about work was great. It really reenergized me and today when I woke up I didn’t groan at the thought of going to work. Don’t get me wrong I still hate my job, but having time off makes me feel a little better.

As I mentioned before I am determined to make this year better for me. I always put people in front of myself and it’s time that I become a little selfish.

Anyway, my vacation was really nice. Christmas was great. My mom, I mean Santa got me a new camera!!! I really didn’t want her to spend a lot of money on me, but this is one of the best gifts I’ve ever gotten. It’s a Sony Cybershot and the quality of the pictures is so much better then my last camera. I also got gift cards to some of my favorite stores.

My best friend actually got me a necklace from Tiffany’s. We always go a little overboard with our gifts but I was so surprised by this! The charm looks like a lock and it has my first initial in the center. She has the same one for her and I always loved it. I still cannot believe that she bought one for me it. Also, my godmother got me a Coach wrislet. She too likes to spoil me. I feel so blessed to have people that care for me this much. However I do feel guilty when people spend so much money on me. Even though I spend just as much on them, I still feel guilty. I’m working on being able to just accept a gift gratefully and not worry about the other person.

Christmas itself was great. My brother and his fiancée showed up and my family was so happy to finally meet her. My cousin that is in the Air Force was able to come and we hadn’t seen him is so long so it was great to see him. The food was incredible as usual. My aunt loves to go crazy with it. I was full just from the appetizers.

The next day we had people over for my brother, it ended up being a sorta engagement party so that was nice for him. It got a little crazy at my house; lots of people, food, and a beer pong game that ended up being moved into our living room. I suck at beer pong but I actually ended up winning a game against my brother! Score! After that, Christmas, plus Christmas Eve, I was exhausted when the weekend came. I was happy to have a break.

The rest of the week was fun: lots of activities, visiting with friends, and relaxation. Besides getting sick on New Years, this week was pretty great.

Tomorrow expect a full report on my road trip to Virginia. I was going to write about it today but then I went off on a tangent. To avoid writing the longest post ever, I will blog about it tomorrow.

3 comments:

Miss Merry said...

i know what you mean about having a ton to do! i can't believe how much stuff is on my desk today!!

glad you had a great holiday break!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good break! I'm jealous of some of those gifts for sure!

Alexandreena said...

You got awesome gifts indeed. enjoy them.

I'm fairly busy too, but it's not as bad as I feared.