Monday, January 26, 2009

A great weekend

My Ski weekend was amazing. I can’t believe just how great it was. There was no drama or fighting, just good times. It was the perfect way to give me that extra shot and make everything seem OK.

Friday my friend and I headed up. There was an accident so we hit some traffic but it didn’t even matter. We were too busy catching up on our lives and just making each other laugh. Honestly the drive up was one of my favorite parts of the weekend.

We got to the place and we stayed in the nicest little apartment. There were 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, the living room was huge and the kitchen was a great size. Since there were 7 of us, it was 2 to a bedroom and one slept on the pullout couch. My friend and I got to snag the bedroom that had 2 twin beds in it. I hate having to share a bed. I toss and turn like crazy and I always feel like I’m disturbing the person in the bed. Plus I like to really stretch out in the bed. I’m worried that when I get married this will cause a problem. I’m going to end up like a 1950s housewife with 2 separate beds.

Anyway.

Friday night was kind of a chill night. We just hung out, catching up and drinking some free wine that we got. Our room had a fireplace that wouldn’t work. The maintenance man tried to fix it but couldn’t. To make up for it he brought over a couple bottles of wine for us. I’ll take free wine over a fire any time.

Saturday we got up real early. We got breakfast then broke up into groups, the skiers and the non-skiers. The skiers spent the day skiing, and we broke off and did our own thing.

First we went snow tubing. Which was SO much fun!! I’ve never been before and it was great. I can’t believe how fast you go down the hills. When you go the guy asks if you want to go straight or to spin. I told him to spin and boy did he. I was spun so fast and went flying down the hill. By the time I stopped I was crazy dizzy and a little nauseous. But totally worth it, it was exhilarating. Also? Snow tubing is actually a good workout. Dragging the tube all over and going down the hill was exhausting. When we finished I was covered in sweat. This morning, I woke up spore all over from it!

After that we went to the hot tub. The perfect way to sooth your muscles and relax afterwards. That afternoon since the skiers hadn’t gotten back yet we went to a wine tasting. That is probably the only disappointment we had. We all had never been before and were excited to learn more about wine. However the lady was a total bitch to us. She didn’t explain any of wines and when giving us our taste gave us WAY less then she was giving the other participants. I don’t know if she thought we were too young to appreciate it or something, but I was furious. However the wine was delicious and a good price so I still ended up buying 3 bottles from there.

We got back in time to have dinner with everyone and start the evening’s festivities. We meant to go out to a local bar but we started drinking early and no one was in a state to drive. But it was okay. We had a so much fun just playing drinking games and laughing all night. All in all a great way to end the day.

Sunday we got up headed to breakfast and left shortly after. My friend and I got a little lost on our way home, but we still made good time getting back. As soon as I got home I went to my room and proceeded to take a good three-hour nap. I needed it. However it wasn’t enough and I’m defiantly dragging today at work. But I don’t mind. This weekend made me feel really good and okay with where my life is right now. No need to rush growing up.

How was your weekend?

3 comments:

Karen said...

Glad you had fun. Sounds great!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like so much fun! I've never been snow tubing either but maybe I'll give it a try sometime :)

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that you had a good time. I haven't been skiing since I was 12 and almost broke my legs trying to turn at the bottom of the hill, on a flat. Yeah... I'm a loser.