Monday, October 25, 2010

Mo Money

As of today, my credit card has been officially paid off!!!!

Whooo Hooo!!!!!!

It all started when I studied abroad. While it was one of the best experiences of my life, it was expensive. I traveled a lot and each time I would use my credit card because it was easier. After that it just kept on building up. Now my debt wasn't a lot, but it was something that I've been trying to slowly pay off for the past 2 years.

And now I'm done!!!!!! It feels great to have one less bill to worry about. Now I'm sure I will need to use my credit card again, but I plan on either paying it off in full each month or within 2 months. We'll see if that works or not.

I still have student loans, but I'm not worried about paying them off right away. I have a pretty low interest rate and the payments are deducted each month from my checking account, so I don't have to worry. Plus student loans are considered good credit to have.

Now I can focus more on building up my savings account and hopefully being able to buy a house one day soon!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Good job. In college and after I built up huge cc debt. I paid it off in full with some inheritance. Since then I only keep one cc in my wallet and it is a joint account with my sister and my dad. (My dad opened it when my brother originally went to college and each of kids got a card when we went to college. For some reason my brother is off the account, but my sister and I still have cards. Anyway, the bill goes to my dad and I just pay him off every month.) If I went crazy on it, he'd call me out and put me in check.

I use my debit card for everything. It is just easier for me. I do have a cc of my own that I could use for big purchases, but I don't carry it around to resist the temptation.

erin - heart in ireland said...

YAY! That is such a great accomplishment! You must feel great about it!
I only have 1 credit card and I try not to use it and when I do it must be paid that month.

Alisha said...

Wow, congratulations! I truly do know what a huge accomplishment that is. I am working on it myself. Enjoy your financial freedom!