Wednesday, October 27, 2010

New Challenge

This past weekend, my gym had a party for all those who participated in the challenge. It was really close points wise, but I'm happy to report that my team won!!!! Whoo Hoo!!

The party was a lot of fun. They handed out certificates to everyone who did the challenge and everyone got a nickname. A lot of them were funny, but mine meant a lot to me.

I was named most improved! For each challenge I always did a little bit better than the last one. It felt good to get recognized for all the hard work I put into it. Plus I was in the top 10 percent weight loss wise! Which was a great feeling.

Now that the challenge is over, they are having a new one starting this weekend. It's individual this time and the winner gets money!!!!! You get half the pot of money that everyone puts in ($30) at the beginning. There is about 25 people signed up so far, so the winner can get some serious cash.

The challenge goes from November 1st until December 15th. Not only are they counting how much weight you lose, they are also seeing how much muscle you gain, BMI percentage, and you have to complete the following:

6 spin classes
3 Boot Camp Classes
4 treadmill runs (well walk for me) (1 mile, 2 mile, 3 mile and 4 miles)
6 Bike challenges (3 miles in 10 minutes or less)
6 Bonus challenges that will be announced each week

It sounds crazy intense, but I'm looking forward to it! I really really really want to win!! I hate losing! lol

My personal goal is to lose at least 15 pounds during the challenge. I lost 11 during the last challenge so I think 15 is reasonable. I really hope I can make it!

1 comment:

erin - heart in ireland said...

YAY! Congrats for completing the first challenge!

The new one sounds really cool. I wish a gym near me did something like that!

Good luck with it!