Monday, October 4, 2010

SUCCESS

Another one of my goals for September was to lose 10 pounds. I was already halfway there when I made my list of goals. I mean I want to lose 10 pounds per month until I eventually reach my goal weight, I just didn't think to make it a goal on my blog. Then I realized it would hold me accountable to actually follow through.


Anyway even though I had 5 more pounds to lose, they did not want to come off!! It was a bit of a battle and struggle but in the end....

I WON!!!!

That brings my total weight loss to a little over 20 pounds!!

Which I am insanely proud of. I've never really tried to lose weight before, mostly because I was afraid of failing. Now I really feel like I have a rhythm and I hope to keep this up!!! By next summer I want to be able to finally go shopping in a regular store, no more plus sizes for me!

It is so difficult to lose weight. I force myself to the gym 5 to 6 days a week and it never really gets easier. Sure I can do more and don't get out of breath as easily now, but I still get sore the next day and sometimes I just want to quit.

The only difference is I'm not letting myself quit. Even though sometimes I'm just not motivated, I still go to the gym. You know why? Because it's written into my schedule. Simple as that. Every day after work, I head to the gym. Whether I want to or not. Even if I have my period, or had a bad day, or it's raining, I'm there.

It's a habit and one that I really do love. I've noticed that I'm sleeping better, I'm happier, and I feel amazing after finishing a particularly hard workout.

Even though I am slowly starting to see a difference in the mirror, I see it more in my clothes. Pants that used to be tight and I would have to squat in them to make some more room, are now baggy and actually falling off of me! Shirts fit better and lay better on my body. That's the most amazing part. Feeling clothes that used to be tight that are now loose. It's an incredible feeling.

Even though I'm waiting for other people to start noticing a difference, I notice and that's all that matters. 10 more pounds (maybe even less) I should be able to go down a pant size!! Which will be my new goal for October!

No comments: