Monday, November 24, 2008

Long Lost pal

This past weekend was amazing. I had a blast. It was so good to see my friends. Best of all, my friend whom I haven’t seen in 2 years actually came!! I was so happy. We all had a great time catching up and celebrating. This was the first time in months that I went out and time flew by! It was like I blinked and it was already last call. I really needed a night like this.

The drive down was good. I picked a good weekend to drive down because there was no traffic. I made record time in getting there. I tried one of those audio books for the ride down and I did not like it at all. I don’t know if it was the book not being that great, the reader voice, or the fact that I was acutely aware that I was being read to. The whole thing was just bad. I stopped after 45 minutes of listening to a woman drone on and on. I really thought I would like it, but it was not good. Thankfully I bought the thing on super sale so I’m not that mad at wasting the money.

Seeing my friend who I haven’t seen in a while was good. I’ll call her, Country because she of where she lives and how she acts sometimes It was good to catch up on everything but at the same time I felt really old. It was like she was still a kid and I was a grown-up listening to her drama filled stories thinking to myself, “I really can’t relate to this anymore. Thank God.” When she dropped out of school she moved back to her tiny little town. To this day she still hangs out with everyone she hung out in high school and is still experiencing the SAME exact problems she had years ago. Instead of dumping her friends that cause her nothing but problems she still hangs out with them just because. There is no reason.

I grew out of that mentality a LONG time ago. I don’t stay friends with a person just for the sake of being friends. If you’re hurtful to me and cause me nothing but pain why the hell would I continue to be friends with you? Every time she started a story it involved the same girl who she was bitching about back in our sophomore year of college. She would say, “You know Steph the girl you don’t like? Well…” I wanted to be like, Hello? There is a reason why I don’t like her. She is awful to you!

While I commend her on finally finishing college, having a good job and a very nice boyfriend, she is still stuck in that high school mentality about so many things. I just wanted to shake her and tell her that she is deserves so much better then that. I’m afraid that until she moves out of that town she won’t ever really grow up.

I do hope that now we will stay in better contact with each other.

It was great seeing my other friends. They are one of my closest friends and I miss seeing them all the time. We always have such a great time together. They are one of my few friends where I feel like I can act like myself completely, it’s too bad they live so far away.

Also I am so excited about having a short workweek!!!

3 comments:

Karen said...

so glad you had a nice weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad it went well! I hope you do get to see them more often.

Alexandreena said...

Sounds like you enjoyed your weekend!