Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Keeping my sanity

This mini break I’m taking from work?? Couldn’t have happened at a better time. Things at work are insanely hectic. My brain in fried and I when I talk I no longer make any sense. Seriously. The dumbest things keep pouring out of my mouth and I can’t seem to stop it. My boss thinks I’m losing my mind. Hopefully this trip to Atlantic City will clear my head and bring me back to sanity. It also won’t hurt if I win some money!!

You know what’s weird though? Even though I desperately need these 2 days off and I couldn’t be more excited, I feel guilty about taking off. I know I am leaving some people in a lurch and they will have extra work to do so I can’t but feel bad. The responsible person in me keeps screaming for me to stay and be a good worker. I know I’ve mentioned before my inability to be spontaneous and this is why. I get really worked up that the whole world will crumble if I’m not doing what I supposed to be doing. I blame that on my anxiety issues.

I need to quiet the voice of reason and I WILL have a great time tomorrow.

Have a great weekend! If you’re religious, have a Happy Easter and/or Passover!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I have the same problem with feeling as if the world will crumble at work if I'm not there to do my job. I'm not sure if that means I'm egotistical or neurotic.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll come back to a big pile of stuff to do on your desk :-)

Have fun in AC!

erin - heart in ireland said...

Have a great weekend :)

I know I hate missing work, I just feel bad for the extra work people have to do!

Anonymous said...

I always feel bad taking off when there's work to do too but if it were really that important, they wouldn't let you take off. Enjoy the weekend!