Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Great Escape

This past weekend I went down to see my friends from school in Maryland. It was a great time and I always forget how much fun we have together until I’m there and we can’t stop laughing. I always love days like that.

However my back was still hurting me that weekend which made sleeping on my friend’s couch no fun. I actually ended up leaving at 7am. Which worked out to my advantage because I hit no traffic and spent the day sleeping in the comfort of my own bed! Besides that, all was great.

My one friend who is a teacher has off this coming week for Easter. She asked me if I had any days, if I would want to maybe take off a day or two and do something. Since work has been killing me lately and I’ve been trying to find an excuse to take a mental health day, here was the perfect thing!!

We decided to check out prices in Atlantic City since that was about half way between us. I found a room at the Tropicana for only 49 DOLLARS!! How freaking sweet is that? Divide that by two and I’m only spending 25 dollars for a hotel room that includes breakfast at Starbucks the next day!

I could not be more excited! The perfect escape and it’s so cheap! Whenever I go to AC I only allow myself to spend a certain amount of money. Since I’m saving so much I won’t feel so bad when I do gamble. It’s not even about gambling, though I did have a dream that I won like 39 million dollars (random number no?) the other night, I’m just happy to get away from reality a little while and spend some time with my friend who I don’t get to see often enough.

Next Thursday while all my co-workers are praying for the day to go faster and for it to be the weekend already, you can find me in AC, drink in my hand, playing some slots!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a great deal and it sounds like it will be a fun escape! Have fun!

Kiah-Monique said...

I'm glad I'm no the only one having the same problem. This dating thing is just ridiculous.

erin - heart in ireland said...

Sounds like a fun weekend, I love meeting up with college friends :) And I'm finally getting to see a few of mine this weekend!

And I've never been to Atlantic City, but it sounds like a good time!

magda said...

Have a great trip! That's a steal of a deal; I think it must be a sign. And I think that's the greatest thing about vacation days, rather than set vacations a la school; while you're off enjoying yourself, everyone else suffers on. Enjoy it!