I'm very excited that Valérie tagged with the Honest Scrap Award!!! I had a bit of a writers block this week so hopefully this award and list will help break it!! Thanks again! I really appreciate it!
"The Honest Scrap award comes with a caveat or two. Firstly, you have to tell your readers ten things about you they may not know, but that are true. Secondly, you have to tag 10 people with the award. Thirdly, let all the people you've given the award to know that they've gotten it (comment on their blogs or something). And finally, make sure you link back to the person who awarded you."
Here is 10 things you may not have known about me:
1. I’ve been skydiving and bungee jumping but I am deathly afraid of Ferris Wheels. I hate how slow they go around and how much they rock back and forth when you stop at the very top! Just thinking about it freaks me out!
2. I love working and being out of the house. However when I get married and have children I would love to have the ability to stay home with them for the first few years. At the same time I know I would miss working and making an income. I would never want to be fully dependent on my husband. This is where the lottery comes in. J
3. I would like to adopt a child one day. I think it’s a beautiful thing when people adopt. Even more special when people adopt a child that is not a baby. I feel just awful when I read stories about kids who want nothing more to be adopted but aren’t because of their age. It really breaks my heart.
4. I have a huge fear that I will lose my hearing one-day. When I was little I had a lot of ear problems and ear infections. As a result there is a lot of scar tissue in my ears and in certain situations, like at noisy restaurant, I cannot hear what anyone is saying. It’s all white noise to me. I’m afraid that when I’m older it will just get worse and worse until it’s totally gone. Not being able to hear peoples speak, listen to music, and watch movies without subtitles scares me.
5. I no longer have a relationship with my dad. It took me a long time to realize that I am better off not having him in my life. However deep deep down I still wish things would have turned out differently. I wish he had tried just a little harder to have me in his life. His loss.
6. If I could move anywhere in the world without having to worry about money and/or working I would go back to London. When I studied abroad there I was happy. Truly happy. It felt like home. I loved everything about that city. The people, the history, the atmosphere, and even the food.
7. I am a very picky eater. To the point where I’m almost impossible sometimes. I hate and am embarrassed that I’m such a picky eater. I feel like a child because I don’t eat certain things. I wish I could be one of those people who will eat anything. That being said I very rarely step outside my comfort zone to try something new.
8. It’s hard for me to accept compliments about the way I look. I don’t know why, maybe because I don’t get them a lot or if it’s because deep down I don’t believe them, but I feel very awkward when someone comments about me. If someone says I’m pretty I don’t believe them or I’m afraid there will be a “but” afterward. I can’t tell you how many times a person has said, “oh you’re so pretty… but you would be gorgeous if you lost weight.” Or my favorite, “You have such a pretty face”. AKA everything else is gross. Thanks.
9. When I was little I used to dream about being a mermaid. Every time I took a bath or went swimming I would pretend I was one. I was just completely fascinated at the concept of being able to stay underwater forever and get to swim and see all different types of whales and fishes. Also all mermaids had the most amazing hair ever!
10. It’s impossible for me to stay mad at people for a long time. Being disappointed is another issue. I could get into a massive fight with someone and an hour later all if forgiven and we’re back to being normal. Sometimes an apology is not even needed. I just don’t see the point in being angry with someone for a long time. It ends up hurting you more than the person you’re mad at. It’s freeing to be able to just let it go.
I hope you enjoyed my list! I am tagging the following people this award! Click on the names for the links.
Emily - she hasn't blogged in a while so I hope she's still there!