Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Fun in the Sun

This past weekend was great. My friends came up late Friday night. It was so good to see them and catch each other up on our lives. Saturday we headed to the beach and ended up staying the entire day. If you know me, you know that I can’t really spend hours at the beach. I get ADD and start to go crazy but this time I was fine. That weather was perfect and the water was warm. I was in the water more than I was on the sand it was that nice.

We didn’t end up leaving until 5:30. Seriously I have never done that before but I love it. Since we stayed so long there though I wasn’t able to make it to my friend’s engagement party. One the one hand I do feel really guilty about missing it, but on the other I wish I had a lot more notice. I decided that I am going to take the couple out to dinner and stuff to celebrate. I figure it’s the least I can do. If only she will pick up her phone I could make plans. I really hope she isn’t mad at me and ignoring my calls because I don’t really feel it’s justified. I’ll just keep trying.

Saturday night we all went out and drank way too much. I don’t know why, but whenever I go out with them I always get like ridiculous. Either way I had a blast and none of us got in trouble.

I’m happy they came up and they have decided to no longer ban visiting NJ.

What would you do to make up for missing a party for a friend? Or if a friend was mad at you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for having fun in the sun! It's too bad you missed the engagement party but it sounds like she didn't make it very easy for you to attend. I might send a small gift but probably no more than that.

Karen said...

So glad you had a fun weekend. Honestly, engagement parties are bullshit. They will probably have a shower so just go to that instead. I'd send a note/card and offer a dinner, but I would worry too much about "making up for it" if she was mad.