Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fail

Today is the last day of September! This month flew by! Since it's almost October I decided I should talk about my goals that I had set for myself in the beginning of the month. Since I don't want this post to be super long, I am going to break them down into three separate ones.

Karen had asked me about the online dating, so I figured I should start with that one.

Getting a love life has been a big giant FAIL. I don't know what it is, but I've haven't have any luck on e-harmony. Not one person messaged me, and everyone that I sent out a list of questions to (which is the first step) never responded back!!!!! WTF.

On the one hand, I thought I would be more upset about the fact that absolutely nothing has happened, but I'm not. At all actually. Maybe it's because you are online, so the rejection isn't as serious as it would be face to face? Maybe because even the guys I messaged I wasn't exactly over the moon about. Who knows.

I just think it's kinda hard to feel any kind of chemistry, spark or feelings about a person over a computer. I thought this would be easier, but maybe I'm better suited for face to face interaction. The thing is. it's freaking hard to meet people!

When you are in school, it's so much easier. There are guys all over the place! Now that I'm older, it's a lot harder. Sure you can meet people at bars, but they are usually creepers who aren't looking for anything serious. So where do you go to meet new men? Seriously, if you know please help me out!

I almost deleted my e-harmony account, but I decided to give it another month. I tweaked my profile a bit, so maybe that will help. Honestly I would like it if just one person effing messaged me so I can feel like less of a loser. Even if they were a total tool. lol. That must sound really sad and pathetic but deep down that's how I feel. I definitely need to work on my self-esteem.

Help a girl out! Where can you find decent guys???

P.S. - If you have any questions for me please ask!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I tried eharmony also and it was a total fail for me too. I don't think that what makes me special comes across in a blurb and few photos.

I meet guys through friends mostly. When you go out with friends you meet your friends co-workers and other friends. Also, I go out on Sundays to watch football at a local bar. It is crawling with men and very few are creeps.