Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The good stuff

Okay now onto the good stuff that happened last weekend. I am feeling better today especially after writing yesterdays post. But I really do need to step back and really start to figure things out about my life. Otherwise things will get worse. Anyway, moving on.

On Friday I went to Baltimore. I met up with the birthday girl and we got pedicures and then went out to dinner to celebrate. We went to the Macaroni Grill. I have never been to one because I always think of it as fake Italian food. I didn’t love my meal, but it was a lot better than I thought it was going to turn out. However I probably won’t be going back any time soon. We got back to her apartment got ready and waited for our friends to get there so we could make our way downtown. We went to this place called Max’s that is in Fells Point. If you ever go to Baltimore Fells point is a great place to go out. It’s has a dozen of bars within close proximity of one another. The best night to go there is Halloween. It is absolute chaos. Anyway, this place has tons of beers on tap that are from all over the world. I love it because they serve Strongbow which is my favorite thing to drink but very hard to find in the States. It’s a cider, and my drink of choice when I studied abroad in London. It was a good time and there was a lot a laughs and drinking to be had. I hadn’t seen my friends since May so it was good to catch up. I only wish that they lived closer.

On Saturday the birthday girl and I decided to ease our hangovers by going shopping. We went to Filene’s Basement. I love that store and I got a new tote bag for work. Followed by DSW where I got 2 new pairs of shoes. They are amazing. Adidas and Nike make them but they look like cute flats. Which means I can wear them to work, walk around and it feels like a sneaker but look like a dress shoe. It is the best of both worlds! I can’t tell you how excited I am about them! I tried finding a picture online but couldn’t locate something that was close. Maybe I will take a picture later.

The rest of the day we just chilled until it was time for me to get going. I left there around 3 and got back home at 6:45. Not to bad but still not so fun. When I got home I had to change, eat dinner, and was out the door again. I told my friend I would drive because there was no way I could drink again so shortly. We ended up going down to Belmar, which anyone who knows Jersey has heard of Belmar and their bars. I have a love/hate relationship with them. Its fun to go there, but a pain to drive down, and the cops/bartenders/bouncers are assholes. They kind of have to be because the places get really insane. I also hate them because I got into a little trouble with the law a couple of years ago and was “arrested” for not doing anything wrong. It’s a long story and I’m still not sure if I was or was not officially arrested. I can tell you another time maybe. We went to this place called 507 Main (which is just their address but for some reason people think its an amazing name). I was a little cranky because I was tired from the night before and also the place was packed. You couldn’t even move an inch to dance. But I was glad to be out with my friends and we made the best of it. We even stayed until way past last call, which I very rarely do. I didn’t end up getting home until after 3:30 in the morning.

I passed out when I got home, happy to be back in my bed. I ended up sleeping in late, but my friend and me still wanted to go to the beach. Not a good idea. The traffic wasn’t so bad considering we took back roads and live so close but when we got the beach it was CLOSED. Sandy Hook beach that is literally over 10 miles of beach was closed. I could not believe it. I know it was Labor Day and what did I expect? But seriously I have never seen a beach actually close down. Oh well we just turned around and set up shop at her pool. Which to me was better because the pool was nice and quiet and didn’t have any jellyfish. The only thing was a bee stung me! I haven’t been stung since I was like 10 but there I was minding my own business sitting in her pool when that little shit stung me. I did no provoking and I didn’t even see it. All I felt was a pinch and then searing pain. Seriously I forgot how painful that shit is. My skin puffed up and was bright red. It looked awful. My arm is still red from it, but thankfully the swelling went down.

After that the day flew by. We decided to go out again, but this time close by and to a place that we hoped would not be packed. We went to the perfect place. It had an outside patio and there was the perfect amount of people. It was good to just sit and relax will having a beer, or in my case 7. I ended up getting really drunk. I didn’t even mean to. I just kept drinking. Then the bartender gave me a free beer on the house and that caused me to drink even more. I have no idea why he gave me the free drink. I wasn’t dressed up and I wasn’t even talking to him or trying to flirt. I just walked up asked for the beer and he gave it to me and said “On the house”. I was so excited about that! That stuff never happens to me. The fact that it happened on a really low-key night made it all the better. Needless to say that might just be my new favorite place to go. I also ended up seeing a few friends from high school, which inevitably always happens whenever we go there. All in all it was a great time. It might have been my favorite night out this past weekend, and not just because of the free drink. All the elements were there and everyone just had a great time.

Monday was spent in a catatonic state by my friend’s pool. It was a great holiday weekend and one of the best times I’ve had in a long while. I needed it to boost myself and start living my life again.


Karen said...

Oh...I know Belmar well. I spent way to many drunken nights at D'Jais and Bar A. I had a house on 18th for 3 summers. Crazy, crazy times.

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued by the shoes you got. They sound perfect for my commute and work.

Glad there were some fun parts to the weekend :)