Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Musings

  • There was a man preaching to people on the platform today while I was waiting for the train. Why? Do you think us commuters are really bad sinners or something? I’m sorry but the last thing I want to deal with while waiting for the train is someone imposing their religious beliefs on me.
  • I am loving this fall weather. I’m so excited that I spent a lot of money on fall/winter clothes this past weekend. I’m even seeing some trees start to change colors! Oh how I love when that happens!!
  • I’m taking a half day off of work this coming Friday. It’s for a doctor’s appointment but even so I’m so excited to leave at one.
  • Tomorrow is my best friend’s birthday. We’re calling it her Champion birthday because a psychic told her that it’s your champion year when you turn the same age as the date of your birthday. AKA she’s turning 24 on the 24th.
  • Mine will be when I turn 28.
  • If this is true it really sucks for people who can’t enjoy it, ala a one year old.
  • I am also loving having new television to watch. My DVR is getting full and I love it. Tonight I am looking forward to watching a new episode of House.
  • I sent out a bunch of resumes out today at work. I know this makes me a terrible employee but when the weekend comes the last thing I want to do is sit in front of a computer.
  • I think I made a pretty decent cover letter for these applications. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.
  • I am not keeping my hopes up with anything I send out. I’m tired of being disappointed all the time. Whatever happens, happens. I will just move on to the next thing.
  • Even though it is fall, I can’t believe that people are already talking about Halloween. I cannot believe time is going by this fast!

Will you dress up for Halloween? If so what will you be?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I doubt that I will dress up but I will enjoy some of the candy we hand out :)

I'm excited for fall!

Alexandreena said...

I usually dress up, but this year, I changed offices and as such, I do not know how appropriate dressing up is considered around here. Must test waters.

I love the fall too. I had the best dinner on a heated patio last night, just enjoying the crisp evening and some good red wine.