Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Long Day

Right now at work the system we use to do all our work is down. AKA for the last half hour I have been surfing the net. Today has been a really slow day. Not much work to do, and the work I do have is going slow due to the sucky system. It's only Tuesday and I am killing myself. I want it to be Friday NOW.

I am looking forward to this weekend. My brother is home on break for 3 weeks and he is coming up this weekend. He lives in Maryland and even though he is on "break" he still actually has to go to his job in DC, which is why he is only giving us 3 days. Which is fine, as long as I get to see him.

Even more exciting is that he is bringing up his girlfriend to meet the family. They've been dating for like 8 months but none of us have ever met her. We've barely even seen a picture. It's getting really serious between the 2 and I'm pretty sure he thinks that she's the one. I couldn't be happier for him, but I am nervous about my mom liking her. She really hates the fact that she never met her, and already has bad things to say about her even though they've never met. She is an typical Italian mother. That and the fact that my mom secretly hopes that my brother and his ex-girlfriend from HIGH SCHOOL will finally get together. They dated more than 10 years ago and my mom still thinks that they will get back together!

Fingers crossed that everyone gets along! Saturday we're having a little party for him so it should be a good time all around. I can't wait for it!

2 comments:

Karen said...

My grandma still talks about my ex from college like we are still getting married. We haven't dated since 1996! Crazy.

Anonymous said...

I wish it were Friday too! Ugh. Today was really slow.

It's always interesting meeting the significant others but I hope it goes well with your brother's girlfriend!