Thursday, April 3, 2008

Vacation all I ever wanted…

Okay I know this is going to sound childish and lame, but I really need to rant right now.

Let me start at the beginning, my best friend is graduating from college in May with her masters. So for about a year, we have been trying to plan a vacation together before she moves to Boston to do an internship. Finally, my mom was generous enough to let me use her timeshare. So we exchanged the week and we are now going to Los Cabos, Mexico in May. It was going to be her and me, plus two other people. The two other people she met at school, but I have become pretty good friends with them through the years. Anyway, there is this other friend of hers who invited her to go on a cruise with him and his friends in June. She declined because of our trip, but for some reason invited him to come along with us instead. Now this is where I get angry. The fact that she just invited this person to come along on vacation without asking me or anyone else for that matter if we minded he comes. Also, she didn’t even tell me that she invited him, I had to find out through effing Facebook! If it was anyone else I probably wouldn’t have minded, but I don’t really like this kid. And I call him a kid, because that’s how he acts. When he drinks he is so annoying and acts like he’s 16 and drinking alcohol for the first time. Have I mentioned that were we are going is all-inclusive? So I am worried that he is going to be a complete asshole the entire trip. Also, he so desperately wants to have a girlfriend that he basically attacks anything with a vagina. Some people find his behavior, the drinking and going after girls, endearing. I find it repulsive.

Anyway, when I voiced my concern over this, I was basically attacked and called a bitch. But I don’t think I am wrong. What was wrong was inviting him, without even asking if I was cool with it. So then my friend was like fine, it’s your timeshare so I will just tell him you said no. But I didn’t want it to be like that. I wanted this to be a group decision where everyone has a say in the situation. Than I felt super guilty about the whole situation. I told her, that if everyone else wants him to come, than fine, I’m not going to be the one who upsets everyone else. Of course, I am the only one who didn’t want him coming, which really made me look like an asshole.
Finally today I find out, through Facebook again, that he is defiantly coming. And now I am no longer excited about this trip. I need to find someway to get excited again. I don’t want this kid to ruin my whole trip. I also need to find away to get this person to behave in a way that won’t piss me off the whole trip. I can’t just ignore him; it will just make the whole situation awkward. Basically, I need to come to terms with everything, and find balance.

That was my rant. I apologize for sounding like an annoying high school girl, but I had to get this off my chest.

P.S. I might do some major retail therapy this weekend, to help me feel better!

No comments: