Wednesday, April 2, 2008

One step at a time…

So after much deliberation with myself I decided to take a makeup class. I did research on it and found a really reputable makeup artist who works for magazines, does photo shoots for famous celebrity and also does product testing for a lot of companies. I met with her yesterday to see her studio and her portfolio to see if she was actually legit. It was a really nice place, very close to my job, and her portfolio was amazing! She even showed me pictures of her with Kevin Bacon! Needless to say I was hooked. Also the price wasn't too outrageous, some of the classes I looked up were upwards of 4 to 6 thousand dollars, this one was below 700! And it's only a 2 day class. I figure it's the perfect way to get a taste of it and see if it's something I am truly interested it. But the biggest reason why I decided to do this was because I didn't want to be 80 looking back at my life and regretting the fact that I never at least tried. Cause I just know it would be something that would haunt me! And don't get me wrong; I'm not going to be an idiot about this. I have no plans of taking this class, deciding I'm gonna rock at it and quit my job for bigger and better things. If this is something I truly like, I will work into it slowly. Something along the lines of working during the weekend and seeing where it eventually takes me. The class is in about 2 weeks, April 13th and 14th and I will let you know how it goes!

P.S. – I am also going to start looking into schools that offer degrees in social working! Yes I am still concerned about student loans, but I figured I already have a lot and since I'll be paying for the next 15 years, I may as well tack on some more!

No comments: