Tuesday, June 24, 2008

BORED at work

It’s a little after 10:30 in the morning and I am so unbelievably bored I don’t know what to do with myself. Seriously, I haven’t been at work for 2 hours yet and I’m dieing. I already checked my daily dose of websites like 10 times already. I don’t know what to do with myself. I’m 2 seconds from taking out my book and blatantly reading in front of my boss. Even though I do not like my job that doesn’t mean I want to sit at the office all day staring at a computer doing nothing. I rather be overwhelmed and insanely busy than just sitting here. At least when your busy the day goes by faster. So any tips on how to make my day go by faster. Or a better question, how do you look for a job while you are at your current one???

On a side note, for my birthday coming up on Saturday I decided to make it a day of pampering. I am going to go get my haircut, get a manicure and pedicure, and I might even go for a facial. I love doing these things. Especially getting my hair done. Even if it’s just a trim I love going to the salon. The smell of the salon, getting your hair cut and blow-dried and then having your hair look amazing as you leave. Every time I get my hair done I feel so glamorous and even a little bit sexy. Afterward we are going to come back home and my mom is going to make her homemade pizza. Which is AMAZING. Seriously she makes the best pizza. Only thing I’ve ever had that was better was my aunt’s. No restaurant can match these women. Even though I don’t have any huge plans for my birthday, I’m pretty happy with what I will be doing. I always feel like there is too much pressure to make your birthday the best day. Plus when I go up to visit my best friend in Boston we are going to have a faux birthday celebration.

3 comments:

the glitter kid said...

I used to have days like this at a few of my old jobs. I'd much rather be busy than just sit and stare at the wall. I hope you can find a few projects to keep you entertained!

Your birthday plans sound like a lot of fun! I love getting my hair done too.

Anonymous said...

oops. wrong name. that's me above.

Nat said...

That sounds like a nice way to spend your birthday. Totally about you, and making yourself feel good. Thats what its about.