Monday, June 2, 2008


I have been very neglectful of my blog. I think it is a combination of being super busy at work and also summer fever. The weather is finally starting to feel like summer and I am absolutely loving it. This past week/weekend flew by and I cannot believe that it is already June. Anyway, today I thought I would share a little bit about my trip to Mexico, which now seems like it happened a million years ago. It is probably one of the best vacations that I have been on in a long time. The resort was amazing, the food, the culture, atmosphere all were great. Also if you have never been to an all-inclusive place before I defiantly suggest that you do so in the very near future. There was constantly food and drinks available. The wait staff was amazing. As soon as a drink or plate was done it was cleaned up or refilled. I was also scared that the drinks were going to be weak because to maybe save some money. But they were so strong that some of them I couldn’t even stomach. Like a rum and coke, that was halfway filled with rum! Not that I’m complaining, I was very happy that that was the case. Also the place had like 4 different restaurants that served all different types of food each day so you didn’t really get tired of the selection.

This is a view of one of the pools.

Also there were different activities to do at the resort each day. Some of which I played were tequila volleyball, and movie trivia. I almost one a prize for the second one! Also some of my friends took a bike tour, but I wasn’t there to do that. The best part of the place, they gave us a free Booze cruise! I still have no idea why, but on Monday we got a free cruise around Cabo. It was a perfect day, lots of drinking, games, food, and snorkeling. Although it probably wasn’t the best idea to go snorkeling after you’ve had a few, but I guess that’s what life jackets are for!

This is the ARC - where the Sea of Cortez meets the Pacific. It was the first thing we saw on the cruise.

One of my favorite things I did was go on dune buggies. My friend and me booked a dune buggy tour and it was so amazing. The tour was over 3 hours and it took you everywhere. We went up mountains, through valleys, even down to where an old river used to be. It was great, but we were covered in dirt when we finished. I mean completely covered that we were a different color. But it was worth the mess and the driver didn’t seem to mind to much when he dropped us off. The only bad thing was my friend crashed into a MOUNTAIN. Yes a mountain. I’m still not quite sure how she managed to do that, but I was totally freaking out because we didn’t get the insurance on the stupid buggy. The wheel was basically knocked off and turned a way it should not be able to do. Thankfully the leader let us drive his car while he stood on the side. He was so nice and tried to cheer us up, but we were defiantly nervous about the whole thing. Somehow the mechanic fixed the wheel and they didn’t charge us anything!! Needless to say they both got a very large tip! And the whole trip was salvaged and we were feed a very large lunch before we went back to the hotel.

We also did a night crawl in Cabo San Lucas which was so much fun. The nightlife down there is crazy. I don’t think we got back to after 4 am. My feet were killing me but it was totally worth it. My favorite place I went to was called Squid Roe. The place was Huge, and had 2 different levels that kind of felt like a stadium. They played great music, and everyone just had the best time. I think my least favorite was Cabo Wabo, which is owned by Sammy Hagar. The place was large and had great potential, but it just wasn’t that fun.

Outside Squid Roe

This is the Inside. It doesn't even begin to really show the place.

The best thing I did was go swimming with the dolphins! It has been something I have always wanted to do but never had the opportunity. It was an hour-long thing, and I got to spend it the entire time in the water with the dolphin. On the brochure it said only a half hour in the water and a half hour watching stuff, but the whole time was in the water. We got to see tricks, pet the dolphin and feed it (which was not as gross as I thought it was going to be). The trainer at one point asked for a volunteer but wouldn’t say what it was for. So I raised my hand as fast as I could and he told me that I got to ride the dolphin 2 times in order to show the rest of the group which ride they could choose. The rest of the group could only do 1 ride. I was very happy I raised my hand. I got to do a “slow ride” around the pool while the dolphin rode upside down and I help onto its fins, and a really fast ride. The fast ride was the best, but it was hard to grab onto the top fin and hold on. The whole time I kept thinking to myself I’m going to quite my job and train dolphins from now on. Which is ridiculous but that was how much fun it was! Unfortunately they didn’t allow cameras in the facility. So I ended buying one from them for $25 dollars! Which is so overpriced but I had to have a memory of the whole thing.

Those are the best moments of my trip. Of course I could go on, but it is making me sad that I am no longer there. Instead I’m stuck inside an office on an amazingly beautiful day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! your trip sounds like it was so much fun! I'm jealous!

about the job thing, I'm not calling because they gave us a specific amount of time that would pass (one week) and we had to take these exams that have to be graded so while calling shows initiative, I also don't want to drive them crazy with my impatience. sighhh