Monday, June 30, 2008

It’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to

My birthday ended up being so-so just as I suspected. My mother and brother went to a wedding the night before so the day of my birthday they both basically slept the whole day leaving me all by myself. My brother was understandable because he didn’t get home until about 8 o’clock in the morning but I was really pissed about my mother. For the whole week she was trying to cheer me up saying we were going to spend the day together. She was going to come with my to get my hair done and then go to the salon to get our nails done, followed by her making me delicious pizza.

Well, first on Friday she asks me how I liked her nails and didn’t they look so nice. I was slightly confused considering that she said we were going to get our nails done together so I asked her why she did that. In response she told me that she couldn’t go to the wedding without her nails being done. What would everyone think??? UMM mom? I don’t think anyone would have noticed your nails considering you wore CLOSED TOE SHOES to the wedding. Really??? Why did she do that?? I would maybe understand if she was wearing sandals or something but she didn’t. And anyway you promised ME that we would go together. It was your IDEA in the first place. That was what I should have said but I knew she would find a way to turn it around and make me feel guilty so I just dropped it.

Then on Saturday she never got out of her pajamas and did not go with my to get my hair done. Usually I wouldn’t want her coming with me anyway cause its so boring to watch someone get their hair cut, but we both know the woman who owns the salon and the hairdresser so my mom would have had plenty of people to talk to there. But because she was to tired or lazy how ever you want to put it I went to get my hair done alone and then to the nail salon alone. I tried to not think about it too much and just enjoy getting my hair and nails done in peace. Getting my nails done did actually calm me down since the lady gave me an awesome foot scrub/massage.

Finally the kicker is she had done nothing to make me pizza. She had no sauce or cheese and didn’t make any dough. She made me go buy dough and cheese and then bitched about making the sauce. I literally told her a month ago that the one thing I wanted was pizza, and she does nothing to prepare. She could have made the sauce a while ago and just froze it until my birthday. So there I was on my birthday running errands and going food shopping. Cause of course since I was already going to be there I had to pick up some other things that she needed.

Actually my birthday pretty much sucked. I can’t even say it was so-so now that I just relived that day. The rest of the day was spent with me watching TV and being bored.
Sunday was nice at my cousin’s graduation. My aunt and uncle flew in as a surprise from California and I hadn’t seen them in 4 years. It was so nice to see my family and get together. The weather was awful. It would pour and then the sun would come out and be hot and humid and then it would rain again. Thank god my aunt had a huge tent set up otherwise there would have been 50 plus people squeezed inside. It didn’t matter anyway because everyone was having such a good time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate it when my parents do things like that where they say they'll do something and then don't follow through. I hope your hair and nails look fabulous at least :)