Monday, June 16, 2008

Celebrating the good times

This weekend turned out to be a very nice weekend for me. Initially I didn’t really have any plans but I ended up being all over the place. Friday a few family friends came over who I haven’t seen in a while, so it was so nice to catch up with them. It was a little random though them coming over. You see the reason why they came over was that one of them had a big tick on her hip and she wanted my mom to take a look and get it out (she’s a nurse by the way). Seriously New Jersey is full of ticks its disgusting. After my mom got the tick out and she calmed down and stopped worrying that she had limes disease now we got to catch up and they ended up staying for dinner. Basically what could have been a bad situation ended up being a nice time. Though we are still making sure she doesn’t start to get a ring on her body.

On Saturday I went to the beach in the morning and it was so nice out. Really humid but it was nice at the beach with a breeze. I bought a season pass at this one place near me for only 50 bucks for the whole summer. And it’s per carload so I can take as many people as I want with me. It’s a pretty good deal considering how ridiculous it is that you have to pay to use a beach. In the long run though going to the beach as often as I want for the whole summer is worth 50 bucks. Plus the place I go to pretty much guarantees me not seeing people I went to high school with. Which to me is priceless. Still living in the same town where you went to high school makes you constantly bump into people you didn’t like in high school. Even though you didn’t talk to them then, for some reason they insist on pretending that your long lost best friends who have to catch up for an hour. It’s annoying and gets tiresome after a while. Another reason why I need to move out of my house. I also saw the Chronicle of Narnia this weekend and I defiantly recommend seeing it. I loved it! Not sure though if I liked it better then the first.

On Sunday I ended up going last minute to 2 different BBQs. The first BBQ I went to it was pouring outside so we were inside the whole time. I’m not really sure you can even call it a BBQ anymore if you’re not outside. Oh well. It was still a really good time. It was with a family that I’ve known my entire like. They are more like my family than friends. It was good seeing them, cause nowadays with everyone moving on with their lives it’s hard to get together on a regular basis. Same goes for the second BBQ I went to. It was with more family friends that I hadn’t seen is a while. This time though the weather cleared up and it was beautiful out. Allowing the party to happen outside like it should be. It went from raining outside to being sunny and hot with people going swimming in the pool. The second party was a lot more crazy than the first, possibly cause of the weather change, and the bar was flowing freely. By the time I got home on Sunday I could barely keep my eyes open. I was so glad though that I was going nonstop, it makes the weekend seem much more meaningful. I decided since I hate my job so much, to make the week go by faster I need to keep on planning for different activities so I have something to look forward to.

P.S. On a more somber note, my brother left today. It was weird talking to him last night and saying goodbye. I will miss him terribly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yikes! ticks can be so hard to get out!

and I think BBQs have to be outside to count :)

I'm kinda creeped out by the baby dummy for CPR but what can ya do?