Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday America!

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. Mine actually turned out to be a lot of fun. Thursday my company gave us a half-day. I got to leave early and get home by 3, that is always a great thing. On Friday I went to a BBQ with some family friends and then that night my friend and I went to the beach to see the fireworks. Of course I forgot my camera so I don’t have any pictures to post. Also it started to rain which put a damper on the whole thing but it was still fun. Afterward we went to a couple of bars near by and proceeded to celebrate this wonderful holiday. What was amazing about that night was that I didn’t spend one dollar. People just kept on handing me drinks and they even paid for my cover to get into the place. It felt like as soon as I finished a beer another one was put into my hand. One of the things I love about going out with mostly guys is that they always pay for you. Actually that may not be true, but these particular guy friends of mine just don’t let girls pay for there own stuff. It’s just how they are. And you thought chivalry was dead?? My friend and I didn’t take out our wallet once. It was just one of those days where I didn’t really have any plans but ended up having an amazing day. Compared to last 4th of July where I didn’t do anything, this was a vast improvement.

Saturday I went to a house warming party. I didn’t really feel like going cause it was going to be a bunch of people just sitting around and taking tours of the new house. Not really my scene. But my mom really wanted me to come so she would have an excuse to leave early (i.e. feed the dogs) and we could get out of there. I went and even though it was insanely boring a friend of mine was there whom I hadn’t seen in like 2 years. It was good to catch up even though it wasn’t for nearly long enough. He didn’t show up until we were just going to be leaving. He was my best friend in middle school and we have lost touch over the years. It was good to see him, and now that I know that he is sorta near by we can hopefully see each other again soon and really catch-up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's always interesting to run into people from your past, especially people you were very close to at one point. I hope you do get to catch up again :)