Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I think I have an addiction…

to online shopping! I can’t seem to stop myself. During the day, the amount of time I do actual work would be about 15 percent. The other 85 percent of the day is consisted of me surfing the web. After about an hour I’ve read all my blogs, checked out facebook and my e-mail about 20 times. There is never anything new in there, but I keep on checking. To fill up the rest of my time I peruse and inevitably end up buying a lot of stuff. My biggest weakness would be Sephora. I AM OBSESSED with all things makeup and beauty, so a website like Sephora is the Promised Land to me. I spend at least 50 bucks a pop when I buy from there (can you say free shipping?) and my checking account is starting to dwindle. I decided that I would no longer buy stuff online unless I really really needed it.

Well that lasted about a day. It lasted until I saw that Nordstrom was having a really big sale. Their “Anniversary Sale” to be exact. I thought to myself I could at least see what they might have to offer. Then I reasoned that I am in need of some new shirts to wear to work. 200 dollars later and I can now expect some fabulous new clothes by Monday. 200 DOLLARS!! I NEVER spend that much money on anything in one shot, well expect for my bags but that’s another problem for a different day. I never spend that much money in a 20 minute period of time. When I actually go to the mall to go shopping it takes me forever to decide if I'm going to purchase something “pricey”. With online shopping I apparently have no trouble spending that much money. On a side note I was originally only going to spend $149 dollars, but then I saw that if you spent $200 dollars you got free shipping. In order to avoid paying 14 dollars on shipping I decided to spend another 51 dollars. lol. I am every merchant’s dream. I fall for those schemes all the time!

Anyway I could have used that 200 dollars toward on of my bills, or better yet I could have put it in my savings. But instead I keep on doing this. Don’t get me wrong I love treating myself once in a while, but this needs to stop. It’s just so damn tempting when I have nothing else to do! I need to have better while power!

5 comments:

CC said...

oh my gosh, complete story of my life. seriously. including the work to internet surfing ratio. seriously.

as for the shopping, i feel ya. i had a bit of an internet shopping addiction myself during college. of course now i've got credit card debit to pay off so i don't get to do that too much anymore! have fun while you can!

CC said...

Oh if only we didn't have humidity here I might find peace with the blistering heat. But we do. Somehow, even though we're 5 hours from the Gulf of Mexico, there is still crazy, bad humidity. And it makes me very sad. And pretty unattractive in the summer. Seriously, my hair is ginormous!

Sorry you guys are having a heat wave too. In my opinion, the Northeast should always be cool, breezy, and beautiful because thats the way i imagine it. Except for the one time in Rhode Island when it rained for 3 days straight.....on my vacation.

thatShortChick said...

wow that was like a page from my daily life and struggle!

nordstrom.com? makes me weak in the knees (and wallet!)

Ashley D said...

Yeah, that's the reason why I don't do online shopping. I would seriously spend my entire checking account in 20 minutes. It would be bad. Really bad.

Alexandreena said...

I hear you. I don't shop online because I know I wouldn't be able to stop myself after an appropriate amount of spending and I'd end up homeless with a great collection of shoes to push around in one of those stolen grocery carts.