Friday, October 24, 2008

My To Do

Let me start by saying I HATE to do lists. Especially when it comes to life. A lot of people do these lists to help guide them, either it be toward a better you or making a list of things to do before reaching a certain age. I don’t usually like them because I feel like it puts to much pressure on you. I am one of those people that when I say I will do something, I do it. I don’t just talk the talk I walk the walk. That’s why I avoid making lists. I would hate myself if I didn’t complete it. I would actually feel guilty and feel like a failure. On the other hand, I feel like I need to make a list now, to get myself motivated and moving toward the right direction.

Which is why I made a list of things to do before I turn 25. Twenty-five will be a big birthday for me, and its one of those ages where when your younger you feel like your whole life will be in place. I now know that that whole mentality is bullshit, but at the same time I do need to be going in some sort of direction toward that life. Whatever it may become.

Now to alleviate that pressure I am not making it mandatory for me to finish the whole list and I have also thrown in fun stuff to make it seem less daunting. Enjoy.


Here is my list of things to do before I turn 25 in about 7 months. Enjoy.

  • Get a new job that I actually like
  • Eat healthier
  • Take a photography class
  • Start getting more exercise (walking to the printer at work doesn't count)
  • Get more of a social life
  • Start dating more (oh who am I kidding, just start dating period)
  • Try and talk out my issues with my mother (tried before, didn't work. Maybe this time it will)
  • Take a road trip somewhere
  • Become friends with my brother. Actual friends that hang out, not people who constantly fight or just ignore each other.
  • To be able to handle my anxiety better
  • Go see a Broadway musical (I haven't been to one in soo long)
  • Start saving more money
  • Get another tattoo (I'm still debating this one)
  • Actually go out in the city (instead of just coming to work and then leaving right away)
  • Stop obsessing over things I have no control over
  • Swim in a fountain (I've always wanted to do this)

So wish me luck and here’s to the improved me!

3 comments:

Ashley D said...

Great list! I've been thinking about getting a tattoo too, but I have no idea what I would want on my body forever.

Alexandreena said...

Great list! good luck!

I turn 25 in just under 5 months, so maybe I should write a list too...I love lists :)

Unknown said...

Thats a good list. You should also include "sneak across border to Canada and take picture next to a tree."